This month we are joined again by guest Youki Terada to discuss his 2022 education research roundup. His team at Edutopia has curated their 10 top studies of the year – from retrieval practice to play-based learning – and we discuss every last one of them in a marathon episode.
- First Segment – All the Research
- 07:30 – Highlighting
- 12:30 – Retrieval Practice
- 20:30 – Relationships
- 23:00 – Brain Breaks
- 30:15 – Concept Mapping
- 38:15 – Decorations
- 42:00 – Inclusion of Students with Disabilities
- 49:45 – Play-based Learning
- 58:30 – Video Pausing
- 70:00 – Acting Out ABCs
**Episode transcript forthcoming.**
- “The 10 Most Significant Education Studies of 2022” By Youki Terada, Stephen Merrill (December 7, 2022) https://www.edutopia.org/article/the-10-most-significant-education-studies-of-2022
- (Cut Segment) Van Meenen, F., Masson, N., Catrysse, L., & Coertjens, L. (2023). Taking a closer look at how higher education students process and use (discrepant) peer feedback. Learning and Instruction, 84, 101711. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.learninstruc.2022.101711
We drink Barrel-aged Shake, a dark chocolate porter from Boulder Beer Company made in collaboration with Laws Whiskey House and Huckleberry Coffee Roasters in Boulder, CO.