The first group of episodes will establish a foundation of educational philosophy, from which we can move forward. We discuss an article which provides a defense against typical calls to start over from scratch with the American education system.
- 1st Segment – 0:38 – State of Education Today
- 2nd Segment – 27:18 – Biology Curriculum Sequencing
- 3rd Segment – 32:26 – If you could teach only science or art…
- America’s Not-So-Broken Education System
Schneider, J. (2016, June 22). America’s Not-So-Broken Education System. Retrieved January 07, 2018, from https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/06/everything-in-american-education-is-broken/488189/
- Teaching genetics prior to teaching evolution improves evolution understanding but not acceptance
Mead, R., Hejmadi, M., & Hurst, L. D. (2017). Teaching genetics prior to teaching evolution improves evolution understanding but not acceptance. PLoS Biology, 15(5), e2002255.
We drink 1554, a black lager from New Belgium in Fort Collins, CO.