This month we reflect on our year of reading scholarship and growing as humans. First we’ll return to the segments we felt had the greatest impact on our practice and our thinking from the research we read.
Later, we’ll reflect specifically on our praxis. We share some of the changes we’re making in our classroom and in our study that is moving us toward our goals as education practitioners.
Finally, we’ll share a bit about how our lives are changing outside of school… and mark the 2023 recipients of the Mug of Honor.
- Noteworthy Papers
- 32:56 – Noteworthy Professional Reflection
- 40:02 – Noteworthy Personal Reflection
- 42:46 – Mug of Honor
- “The 10 Most Significant Education Studies of 2022” By Youki Terada, Stephen Merrill (December 7, 2022) https://www.edutopia.org/article/the-10-most-significant-education-studies-of-2022
- Kruse, J., Wilcox, J., & Easter, J. (2022). Learning to Learn: Drawing Students’ Attention to Ideas about Learning. The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues and Ideas, 95(2), 110-116. https://doi.org/10.1080/00098655.2022.2033670
- McCrory Calarco, J., Horn, I. S., & Chen, G. A. (2022). “You Need to Be More Responsible”: The Myth of Meritocracy and Teachers’ Accounts of Homework Inequalities. Educational Researcher, Online First. https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X221111337
- Schunk, D., Berger, E. M., Hermes, H., Winkel, K., & Fehr, E. (2022). Teaching self-regulation. Nature Human Behaviour, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41562-022-01449-w
- Link to complementary copy: https://rdcu.be/cXuTG
- Kim, R. M., & Venet, A. S. (2023). Unsnarling PBIS and Trauma-Informed Education. Urban Education, Online First. https://doi.org/10.1177/00420859231175670
The season 6 Mug of Honor was a split decision this year:
- Laurence awarded his mug to Ginger Snap, a Fresh Batch series pastry stout from Toppling Goliath Brewing Co. in Decorah, IA we drank in episode 074.
- Michael awarded his mug to Barrel-aged Shake, a dark chocolate porter from Boulder Beer Company made in collaboration with Laws Whiskey House and Huckleberry Coffee Roasters in Boulder, CO we drank in episode 071.